When you think of a meat grinder for your kitchen or for your business enterprise, a few meat grinders will surely pop up on top of your list. Below are reviews of some of the best meat grinders in the market today. This list has been precisely picked from a number of other meat grinders because they are convenient, easy to handle and most importantly are able to handle your everyday meat grinding demands with ease.
1. LEM Products 17791 Big Bite Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
- Stainless steel finish
- Quiet gears and upgraded performance
- Number 12 cutting blades
- Large meat hopper
- Steel gears
Do you dream of a powerful yet quiet meat grinder? Well, we just might have the perfect meat grinder for you. This Big Bite meat grinder is among the most powerful grinders of its class available in the market today. It’s the best choice for your everyday use. Its 0.75hp motor gives it enough power to grind approximately 7 lbs. of meat per minute. This grinder packs so much power that it surely cuts your grind time by half. The big bite technology incorporated here allows the auger to take an extra big bite of the meat and move it.
The Big Bite meat grinder has a housing, auger plate and a blade all made of stainless steel allowing you to clean the unit easily. The grinder also comes with three stuffing tubes that can be used to stuff gave bags and casings. The meat grinder’s motor is permanently lubricated to make it a quieter piece of equipment that seamlessly fits into your kitchen.
The LEM Products 17791 is every bit as efficient and sturdy as it feels to ensure that you have the best experience when using this grinder. It comes with a 5-year warranty and lifetime customer support.
2. Powerful ALTRA Electric Food Meat Grinder
- 3 Stainless steel grinding plates
- Kibbe and sausage making accessories
- Automatic shut-off – prevents the motor from overheating
- Built in storage box
If you want to grind large quantities of meat in a short time, the Altra meat grinder is your best choice. This meat grinder has a 350W copper motor that can achieve 2000W of grinding action. With this robust grinding rate, you can grind 3 pounds of meat in a minute.
With this powerful motor, a lot of heat is generated as the motor runs but do not worry. The motor has two cooling fans that reduce the heat, effectively cooling the motor.
The parts that touch to meat are made using food-grade materials to ensure no contamination of the ingredients. Its body and fans are made out of stainless steel, which increases the lifespan of the grinder.
Altra meat grinder also has three-hole attachments for fine, coarse, and medium grinding, giving you complete control over its size. However, the best feature that makes this grinder unique is the REV button. It can reverse the movement of spiral expulsion, and thus unclogging the grinder.
Its parts are modular and, therefore, can be easily disassembled and combined. It provides more convenience when you want to clean your grinder. Though it cannot be cleaned using a dishwasher as it may damage the components. A neutral detergent is recommended when cleaning.
3. Weston 10-2201-W Pro Series #22 Meat Grinder – 1.5 HP Silver
- Powerful, permanently lubricated, air-cooled motor
- Precise engineered gears
- Circuit breaker fitted for safety
- Performance; Grinds 9-12 pounds of meat per minute
- Sausage stuffing kit
A sensible and practical meat grinder is what this is. Weston pro #22 meat grinder is one of the best meat grinder for both your home use and commercial purposes. It has a 1120 watts motor producing 1.5 Hp of power. This equipment has a capability of grinding 9-12 lbs. of meat per minute and it’s an all-metal construction (stainless steel).
The grinder comes with a permanently lubricated air-cooled motor making it very silent when you are grinding meat. It also has built in circuit breaker, and a tray guard for added safety plus a reverse function switch. The plate and grinder knife are made of stainless steel making them durable and easy to clean.
This grinder is one of the most reliable meat grinders in the market. The Weston pro series is also compatible with the Weston 44 lb. meat mixer. Something else to note is, it comes with a five-year warranty.
4. STX -4000-TB2-PD International Turboforce II Electric Meat Grinder – Size #12
- 3 stainless steel cutting blades
- Optional foot pedal control
- Locked motor wattage; 2000 Watts of peak power output
- Performance; Grinds 175 – 225 pounds of meat per hour on high speed
- 3 speed switch system; high, low and reverse
What do you look for in a meat grinder, functionality? Power perhaps? Well, this meat grinder is extremely functional as it delivers huge amounts of power enabling you to grind meat quickly and with very little fuss.
The STX 4000 Turboforce TB-2 is one powerful meat grinder made for you by the STX International company. It is by far one of the best meat grinders on the market available for you. With a futuristic design, it packs a powerful motor with 2000 watts of peak output power.
With such power, you can grind 175 to 225 lbs. of meat per hour on high speed. This equipment also has a three-speed setting, high, low and reverse specifically made to make your daily meat grinding as smooth as possible, it’s surely both a beauty for your kitchen and a beast to accomplish your tasks.
This meat grinder comes with an inbuilt circuit breaker and has 4 air cooling intakes which makes up this grinder’s patented quad air-cooling system. The STX 4000 grinder has 5 tempered steel grinding plates, 3 stainless steel cutting blades and a set of 3 sausage stuffing tubes which comes with an adapter, all this is made from high quality stainless steel. The finish makes it not only blend in but also very user friendly. This means, it is easier to clean and handle.
5. KWS SL-8 Commercial 450W 1/2HP Electric Meat Grinder
- On-Off switch with waterproof cover
- Performance; Grinds 176 pounds of meat per hour
- 4 Sausage stuffing tubes
- High-quality stainless-steel material
- Stainless steel meat tray
The Kitchen Ware Station SL-8 is one perfect meat grinder that is suitable for making ground beef and sausages. The manufactures of this meat grinder are specialists in production of high-quality kitchen appliances and in so doing, they have made this meat grinder from pure stainless steel approved by the CE, LFGB thereby making it very durable and you wouldn’t have to worry too much about breaking it when grinding.
This grinder comes equipped with a 1/2 horsepower motor with a grinding capacity of 176lbs of meat per hour. On the issue of heating up when grinding, worry not because this grinder has two lines of holes on either side of the body that helps to dissipate the heat off quickly.
The manufacturer has also water proofed the on-off switch to avoid instances of electrocution, this makes it a must have for your everyday average use both at home or at your business. When developing this meat grinder, Kitchenware Station understood that easy cleaning and operation is a necessity for many and so they made it easy to fit this profile for you.
6. Tangkula Commercial Electric Sausage Stuffer 1.5HP/1100W
- Stainless steel tray
- Performance; Grinds 550 pounds of meat per hour
- Dual heat dissipation design
- Removable grinding head and feeding tray
- Power cord plug anti-shedding
Durability, ease of cleaning and functionality is what this meat grinder has in its repertoire. The Tangkula Electric sausage stuffer is a very high performing meat grinder made by the Tangkula Company to suit your everyday meat handling demands. The meat grinder boasts of a 110V, 60Hz motor, with a wattage of 100W, that is capable of 225 Rpm blade speed, and a capacity of 550 pounds per hour.
Having an additional plastic pusher, a meat tray and two grinder plates, these accessories help in easing the use of the Tangkula electric sausage stuffer. This electric sausage stuffer can easily handle different types of meat and give you high quality ground meat for your deli store. It is easy to maintain owing this to its adopted stainless-steel finish.
The electric stuffer is a very sturdy grinder making it an efficient piece of equipment suitable for your vast meat load and sausage production. This electric sausage stuffer is a product meant to give you an extended service life partly due to its dual heat dissipation design that extends its service life saving you money.
7. Ensue Commercial 1100W Electric Meat Grinder Mincer
- Stainless steel construction
- Two grinding plates
- Offset head design
- Performance; Grinds 396 pounds of meat per hour
- Fine and coarse grinding plates
The Ensue meat grinder is a top-of-the-line meat grinder that is a must have for your kitchen or business. With a capacity of 450lbs, this 1.5hp meat grinder is just power packed. The 1100W motor delivers enough power to tear through the toughest meat effortlessly.
Ensue electric meat grinder comes with an outstanding stainless-steel design to make it easy to clean, durable and for easy maintenance. It comes with two grinding plates for coarse and fine meat grinding purposes. These plates ensure a variety of minced meat products.
The plates ensure that you will meet all your recipe requirements when you are dealing with meat. The fine plate produces some of the best sausages and hamburgers. The meat grinder has a blade speed of 220 rpm, allowing you to grind a lot more meat in a shorter period of time as compared to other meat grinders of its class.
It’s also FDA certified, this brings it to the top of the line among its class of meat grinders. The Ensue electric meat grinder mincer is easy to assemble and also very easy to use. This meat grinder will easily process 450 pounds of meat without missing a beat.
8. Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Max 1.3HP #12 Meat Grinder
- Stainless steel cutting blade
- Detachable aluminum tube and screw
- Circuit breaker; prevent motor burnout
- Performance; Grinds 200 pounds of meat per hour
- Die-cast aluminum grinder head
Safety is at the top of boxes checked by this meat grinder. It has to be safe as it has quite a powerful motor. The SunMile SM-G50 meat grinder is one of the best meat grinders in its class. It boasts of a powerful top of the line motor with 350W of rated power and 1000W maximum locked power. The SunMile SM-G50 packs a punch and can easily process 200 pounds of meat hourly without breaking a sweat literally speaking, saving you both time and money.
This meat grinder has been made large enough for you to be able to hold it properly as it processes huge chunks of meat. It’s also artistically beautiful with its polished cast aluminum, this meat grinder will surely add some shine to your kitchen. The SunMile SM-G50 comes with 3 stainless steel cutting plates which gives it a diversity of meat processing abilities that will suit your kitchen and business.
The Sunmile SM-G50 is one meat grinder that was meant to make life easier, all its cutting blades are dishwasher safe. The key switch that has ON/OFF & Reverse is among the top key features of this meat grinder that continually make it more attractive for you.
9. STX-3000 International Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
- 3 stainless steel cutting blades
- 3 hardened steel grinding plates
- Polished cast aluminum grinding head
- 3 sausage tubes and adaptor
- Performance; Grinds 320 to 360 pounds of meat per hour on high speed
Turbo force, automatically this word creates an epiphany in your mind about extreme power, and sure enough the STX-3000 International is among the most powerful meat grinders in the market right now for your home use. With a locked motor wattage of 3000 on its peak out power, this meat grinder has a capacity of grinding 175 to 225 lbs. of meat per hour on high speed and 110 – 140 lbs. on low speed.
The manufacturer has also installed a 3-speed switch; high, low and reverse for your grinding convenience. On the issue of safety, a stop and reset switch (circuit breaker) has been installed. It comes equipped with 3 tempered stainless steel grinding plates, 3 stainless steel cutting blades, a set of 3 sausage stuffing tubes which comes with an adapter. The grinding head is made of polished cast aluminum.
Cleaning this meat grinder is also easy since it has a polished surface which does not get sticky with meat pieces. Another notable thing is the grinder comes with a 3-year warranty.
10. KITCHENER Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Electric Stainless Steel High HP Meat Grinder
- Oversize pan and neck
- Stainless steel coarse and cutting knife
- Circuit breaker
- Performance; Grinds 840 pounds of meat per minute
- 3 speed powerful motor; grind, stuff, reverse
You may be wondering and scratching your head on which is the best meat grinder to use on your meat business enterprise, worry no more. The Kitchener heavy duty commercial grade meat grinder will suit all your commercial meat grinding needs perfectly.
With a 1/2 hp, 370 watts electric ac motor this meat grinder will grind 240 lbs. of meat an hour, that is 4 lbs. of meat a minute. The motor which is maintenance free and air cooled has three speeds, high speed, low speed and reverse for your convenience as you grind. The manufacturer has used high quality stainless steel on gears to make them durable and long lasting.
For the grinder head, auger blades and plates this equipment has utilized heavy duty SUS304 stainless steel, making them rust proof and corrosion free. For safety purposes a circuit breaker has been installed for both the user and the motor. It comes equipped with a stainless-steel meat pan, a cutting knife, 3 coarse and fine stuffing plates, 4 stuffing tubes and a solid meat stomper.
This Kitchener heavy duty commercial meat grinder has a patent design of removable drawers that promote the general organization of not only the grinder accessories but your kitchen as well.
Maintenance of Meat Grinders
For your meat grinder to last a long time, it needs to be properly maintained. A well maintained meat grinder also ensures the quality of the meat you grind remains safe for consumption. Cleaning accounts for a huge part of the maintenance process. Regardless of the machine you have, cleaning up all these machines is a relatively easy process. Here are some good tips on maintaining your grinder;
Remove all the excess raw meat inside the grinder
You can do this by taking one or two pieces of bread and putting them inside the feeding tube. The bread will serve as a sponge and will gather all the meat you would not get to manually. The meat residue may cause contamination if left inside the machine.
Clean the Parts
After ensuring there is no meat left in the grinder, disassemble it for a more thorough cleaning phase. In case of an electric meat grinder, unplug it before proceeding to avoid electrocution. Disassemble the removable parts including the grinding screws, the plates, the cutting blade and the blade cover for cleaning.
Be extra careful when handling the blade since it is very sharp. Ideally, cleaning a meat grinder by hand is important since the parts can be very sensitive. Although a dishwasher might be used, it blunts the blades quickly than one might like. Let the removable items soak in a large bowl of soapy water for around 15 to 20 minutes.
This will allow for easy removal of leftover residue. Thoroughly scrub the items carefully with a sponge. Use a bottle brush for the grinding plate, hopper and feeding tube to get to those hard to reach places. If you have an electric model, just use a moist rag to clean your grinder’s motor housing and don’t submerge your grinder’s base in water.
Dry the parts
Once you are done with cleaning, dry each part with a clean towel to prevent rusting and then allow them to dry further in open air.
Storage of your grinder
Aside from cleaning, proper storage of your meat grinder is key to ensure it lasts a long time. The metal parts of your grinder are susceptible to rust thus you need to follow the steps below before putting it away:
1. Oil the metal parts
Rust can be formed due to air as well not only water. Oil prevents rust formation as a result of air.
• Fill a spray bottle with some mineral oil and spray it on the metal parts of your grinder. Do not oil the electric parts of your grinder.
• Pay more attention to the pusher and screw of your meat grinder as these parts constantly come into contact with meat.
2. Use a bag filled with rice to store the metal parts
A handful of rice inside the plastic bag is essential as the rice acts as a moisture absorbent. This is also important if you live in an area with high humidity.
3. Store the metal parts inside a freezer
Meat grinders tend to perform best when parts of it are cold. However, you are only allowed to store non-electric parts in a freezer. If storing them in the freezer is a hustle for you, just store the metal parts in a dry place.
Take Care of the Blade
There exist many misconceptions concerning a meat grinder’s blade. An example of this misconception is that maintaining the sharpness of the blade requires manual sharpening using a stone or such a tool. The truth, the blades increase their sharpness every time you use the grinder to grind or when the blades rub with the grinding plate.
Nonetheless, using the meat grinder for all types of meat and soft bones means that one will require sharpening the blades regularly. The sharpening process is tedious and complex making it important to seek the services of a professional sharpener. If you are a DIY fan like me, you can also sharpen them for yourself while exercising the necessary caution.
However, if the blades are not always in use, they can be wrapped with a cloth for later use. Keeping them wrapped with a cloth keeps them from rubbing with other parts of a meat grinder that can affect their sharpness while in storage.
How to use Meat Grinders
A meat grinder is a convenient piece of equipment that is used in different settings such as butcheries, shops, and grocery stores. They are also becoming common in restaurants since restaurant owners are looking for ways to cut their food costs. Nonetheless, many users do not understand how to use this important piece of equipment. The following are some tips on assembling and using a meat grinder:
Assembling a Meat Grinder
The assembly process is easy and straightforward. Although meat grinders may have different configurations based on the brand, there are general parts which include; the main body, handle with a feeder, metal plates, cutting plates, a nut and collar. Most meat grinders have the following order of assembly:
- First, ensure that the grinder parts are clean, dry and free from rust.
- Disconnect the power cord prior to assembly to avoid electrocution.
- Place the T link into the enclosure on the front of your meat grinder and tighten it into place with the locking screw.
- Insert the screw pushing bar into the T link. Rotate the bar and make sure it’s all way into the back.
- Place the four leaf blade onto the screw pushing bar with the flat side facing out.
- Place the round knife on the end of the screw pushing bar. Make sure the edges of the knife are flush with the edges of the screw-pushing bar.
- Attach the four-leaf handle cap to the T link and tighten.
- Attach the stainless steel square plate or food pan to the top of the T link.
Using the Meat Grinder
You can start using the meat grinder by following the seven easy steps below:
- First, prepare the meat by removing the skin, bones and silver skin from the meat then cut it into smaller chunks that will fit into the feeding hole.
- Feed the meat into the grinder using the feeding bar.
- Next, place a bowl beneath the blade to catch the ground meat when it falls out
- Disconnect the power cord once you are done.
- Wash, rinse, sanitize and let all the parts dry.
- Clean the machine body thoroughly with a damp cleaning and sanitizing cloth.
- Lubricate the oil seal of the gearbox through the screw hole every six months.
Important Grinder Tips
It is without argument that grinders are an important piece of equipment for most food establishments. However, there are some tips that can help in getting the most out of the meat grinder. As much as the use of meat grinders is straight forward, the following tips should surely help;
- Keep the meat refrigerated until it is ready for use to avoid going bad.
- Never grind frozen meat as it will not grind easily and might damage the blade.
- Before you grind the meat, it is important to submerge the T link, screw pushing bar, blade and other components in ice or place them in a freezer. This process helps meat stay cold while ensuring it is does not get stuck.
- Avoid overloading a meat grinder since it can lead to jams and wear on the motor.
- Place a bowl of ice under the catch bowl to ensure the ground meat remains cold.
Importance of a Meat Grinder
In most restaurants, they are used to ground meat (as if the name does not give it away). A business can get numerous benefits from grinding their own meat. The following are some of the most important reasons for investing on a good grinder.
- Cost element– A business that takes time to grind their meat will save the business a lot of money in the long run. It is cheaper to buy huge chunks of meat and then grinding them rather than buying pre-ground meat from the store.
- Control element– A business that grinds its meat has precise control over the ratio of lean and fatty meat leading to production of juicy meat products.
- Taste– Any meat bought from the store has been vacuum-sealed and sprayed with preservatives to lengthen the lifespan. However, grinding your own meat means you get fresher meat that tastes better than bought ground meat.
- Attachments– A meat grinder has many attachments and add-ons that can add to its functionality. For instance, one can add a sausage stuffer to make sausages.
Undoubtedly, meat grinders are accessible pieces of equipment that aid in making different types of foods or meat products in service establishments. They have several advantages with the major advantage being the cost-saving element.
They are also easy to use, and with only a few easy steps, one can begin to grind beef, pork, and curing your own meat. However, getting the best from a meat grinder requires that it is well maintained. The maintenance bit starts from the assembly, cleaning and handling the parts.
If the meat grinder is well maintained, whether one is using it at home or in a business establishment, you will enjoy several benefits. Remember to give your meat grinder tender loving and care.
Criteria for Selecting Meat Grinders
A meat grinder is almost a mandatory tool in any kitchen. In addition, most modern processors and numerous other kitchen appliances support this function. However, only the application of a grinder as a separate device promotes maximum efficiency and performance.
Therefore, firms produce and successfully sell these devices. Consequently, the market offers numerous meat grinders in different types, shapes and sizes. The choice of a meat grinder causes difficulties to many who intend to get one for their daily uses. You are no exception but worry not, we are here for you.
Basic items to check out when selecting a meat grinder;
- Technical values
- Attachment set.
A full cooking cycle of ground meat contains the following steps. One, the meat is cleared from the bones and chopped into small pieces. The pieces are then fed into the grinder using a pusher into the screw canal.
The screw will capture the meat, moving it into the rotating knife for cutting while pushing through a grate in the form of minced meat. Undoubtedly, the performance of a meat grinder is a primary parameter and depends on the model power. Based on the criteria, most modern meat grinders fall under the following classification.
- Low-powered (up to 450 W) – up to 2,5 lb. / min;
- Average power (from 450 W to 800 W) – up to 3,5 lb. / min;
- Powerful (800 W or more) – 3,5 lb. / min or more.
The maximum time of continuous operation also affects the performance of a meat grinder. The electric motor heats up during the operation making cooling a necessity. However, in most modern meat grinders, this problem is solved through the cyclicality of the operation.
Although many modern manufacturers do not emphasize on this feature when marketing meat grinders, it is an important functionality affecting a model’s usability. So important that I would recommend you look out for when purchasing a meat grinder.
However, most modern meat grinders come with a special motor protecting the device from overheating and overloading although it is meant for emergencies. A normal meat grinding exercise should not involve cases of overheating.
Without doubt, there exist many available options in the market when it comes to meat grinders and it is very easy to get confused. That means, there are several defining features required when you intend to buy one of this equipment. Below are some of the most important tips;
1. The type of meat grinder
There exist many types of meat grinders including, manual meat grinders, meat grinder attachment and stand-alone meat grinders as the three major types of meat grinders available in the market. Economically, a manual one is the best as it does not use electricity.
It works manually. On the other hand, there is the electric meat grinder that operates with the help of electricity making it a not so much economical type. But economics aside, the electrical meat grinder is the best bet you can place your money on and especially if you intend to deal with large volumes of meat or you are buying your meat grinder for commercial use.
Maintenance is a key factor to consider when purchasing a meat grinder. It is important that you consider the maintenance of some components prior to purchasing a meat grinder. Now, maintenance is relative as it is a function you have to undertake yourself.
You cannot get away with an “easy to maintain” meat grinder if you do not put extra effort into the actual
maintenance. It is also important when choosing a meat grinder; do not leave any pieces of meat inside the machine since it might get contaminated. For these reasons, it is important that one picks a grinder that is easy to clean and use.
Quantity, in this case, is the quantity of ground meat. It is important to pick a meat grinder that goes well with the quantity of meat one intends to grind. That is, if you want to commercially use the machine, then it is wise to select a meat grinder with a powerful motor since it will be involved in heavy meat grinding.
A powerful motor also means that large volumes of meat can be ground at once reducing the need for multiple meat grinding cycles. This will save money, time and power in the long run. The grinders come in different designs and dimensions making it important for a user to determine the amount of ground meat one will be requiring.
Similar to many other items, price is an important consideration when picking a meat grinder. Some meat grinders will be expensive while others will fall within your budget. It is important to pick a meat grinder that falls within your budget as well as fulfills all your meat-grinding needs.
After settling on the price range, the next step is on deciding which meat grinder to buy since a certain price range will undoubtedly have several types of meat grinders.
The following are other important factors to put under consideration:
- The grinding power– A powerful meat grinder is an ideal tool for anyone intending to use it for heavy grinding exercise.
- Durability– Here, you check on what the grinder is made of including the housing and the blades paying attention to the build quality as well as materials used.
- Ease of use– One ought to check out the reverse function in case the machine is stuck.
- Clean up– Here, you ought to check whether the meat grinder is dishwasher safe or easy to clean.
- Warranty– Warranty is important for meat grinders. You should consider grinders with a minimum of one-year warranty.
A meat grinder is an important tool in a kitchen since its aids in imparting flavor, texture, and freshness to daily foods. It can also be an important tool in the weight loss process. Therefore, taking care of it is paramount to ensure you achieve best results.
The first step is in understanding how to take apart the meat grinder and especially when washing its components. In summary, the cleaning process involves getting the grinder ready for cleaning, washing and cleaning the parts, storage of grinder parts, and taking care of the blade.
Undoubtedly, meat grinders come in different shapes and sizes, but the cleaning and maintenance are similar to all meat grinders. A well-maintained meat grinder for home use will serve you for a long time.