If you chop meat, slice bread or cut cheese often, then you know how difficult it is to manually cut each of them into flawless, equally-sized slices. Not to mention that at times it’s not possible to cut the meat or cheese using a knife – particularly if it’s taken out of the freezer immediately. However, there’s good news! A meat slicer comes in handy.
Nonetheless, how do you select the best electric meat slicer? Just take a look at the 10 best meat slicer reviews below and choose one that best suits your needs. Introduce this user-friendly device in your home.
1. Chef’sChoice 609AOOO Electric Meat Slicer
The 609-A meat slicer will give pleasure even to the sports fanatics who are cost conscious with its affordable price and numerous advantages in food preparation. It’s characterized by high quality construction for which the Chef’sChoice brand is known for. All come at an affordable price.
This model is the ideal solution for use at home and it’s also perfect for outdoor fanatics who would like to slice their own foods, produce homemade beef jerky or chop various foods such as vegetables, bread and cheese.
The uneven construction of the electric meat slicer has an inclined food carriage for quick and effective slicing. The food carriage is big and completely retracts to allow chopping of roasts, hams and other foods that are large. Let’s jump right into the features of this great product.
- It’s made of cast-aluminum and has a stainless steel slicer with a cool-running motor with high-torque and gear drive
- Has a stainless steel blade which is 7 inches long and can slice from deli-thin to roughly ¾ -inch slices
- The inclined large capacity food carrier and cantilever model offers fast, effective slicing
- The model is easy to clean and has a detachable blade, food carrier, food pusher and food deflector
- It’s easy to use the meat slicer
- Has a very powerful motor
- It’ affordable
- It’s a multipurpose device
- Has areas that are difficult to clean
2. Techwood Electric Meat Slicer, Veggies, Cheese, Bread and Fruit Cutter
It’s highly suggested that you try out Techwood meat slicer as it has a 120-watt AC motor and a 6.7-inch stainless steel cutting blade. It can cut various foods such as meat, bread, deli, vegetables, cheese and even fruits.
The range of thickness in which the slicer can cut food is between 0.04 and 0.87 inches. The meat slicer is also suggested for you as it comes in a pact model with a hidden storage unit for the electrical cord feature. The appliance is small and sufficiently compact to fit in most cupboards.
Due to its small and pact design, this meat slicer is expedient for camping, dormitories, offices or even placing it on your RV. It also has a serving tray that can be used to properly catch sliced meat that comes out of the appliance. All components included in the package are categorized as BPA-free and can simply be removed from the appliance to clean all parts appropriately. Let’s look at the features of this device.
- Has a premium blade that’s chromium-plated with corrosion protection
- No need to sharpen the blade often
- Has an ON/OFF 24V switch that’s double-illuminated to prevent electric shock
- Perfect for cutting meat, ham, vegetables and cheese
- The pact design enables it to be stored at anyplace conveniently
- It’s versatile
- All parts inclusive in the slicer are BPA-free
- Has a smaller blade
3. F2C 7.5-Inch Electric Meat Slicer with a Serrated Stainless Steel Blade
If you’re looking for an effective and compact meat slicer that won’t mess up your kitchen, the F2C electric meat slicer is a safe choice. This inexpensive meat slicer can achieve excellent results when used with fruits, veggies and cold-stored cheese.
As a boneless slicer, it has sharpening buttons with which the sharpening stone can sharpen the blade perfectly. You can cut a variety of food with the 7.5-inch stainless steel cutting blade. This pact and smooth design which measures 14 by 10 by 11 inches can fit without any hassle in many counter-tops and cabinets when you’re done cooking the tasty deli sandwiches, beef jerky and also sliced fruits to act as a starter.
Thanks to the numbered scale knob, the changeable plate can easily move back and forth therefore adjusting the thickness of the meat. The meat slicer with serrated stainless steel blade has a plastic plate that’s transparent to stop the meat from falling off while slicing. Here are several features that make it stand out from the crowd.
- Has a high torque motor
- Remarkable power output of 150 watts
- Solid and heavy duty construction
- Gear drive that supports constant slicing procedure
- It’s rust resistant
- Gives you very fine slices from various foods
- It’s easy to clean
- Saves energy
- It’s hefty
4. Continental Electric PS77711 Pro Series, Sleek Blade, Stainless Steel
Who doesn’t love eating fresh pork chops or juicy streaks of meat? In many cases, we gather at the deli store to only take home excellently sliced meat.
However, you can uncover your inner Master Chef and conjure up such cooking magic without leaving the coziness of your home while using the Continental Electric PS77711 meat slicer. The 7.5-inch blade can cut through baked turkey ham, pepperoni and Swiss cheese.
Without a doubt, this meat slicer is an exceptional choice when it comes to ease of use. You don’t have to be a professional to understand how to make the most of the meat slicer’s functionality. However, when handling sticky cheese, it can lose its sleek stance. Cleaning the machine is also a breeze because everything just falls apart by easily spinning the circle screws clockwise. Its features are outlined below: Take a look!
- Has an adjuster knob for controlling the slices’ thickness and thinness
- It has a 180-watt powerful motor
- The slide-free feet keep the slicer robust and secure
- The body is made of cast aluminum for an ideal chef style and has a 7.5-inch serrated stainless steel blade
- Has a powerful rust-free blade
- Its inclined position assists in easy food slicing
- It’s steady when working on it as it has non-sleep feet
- It’s somewhat slow when working
5. NESCO FS-250, Stainless Steel Meat Slicer
Simply put! The Nesco 180-watt meat slicer will give you thin slices quickly. This device combines a stylish design with the execution of a strong appliance. With the kitchen meat slicer, you can easily cut cheese, meat, veggies, bread and other products fast and perfectly.
It has a powerful, premium quality 180-watt gear motor and a precision depth regulator. It features a variable thickness regulator knob for a thickness range of 9/16”. The large, versatile, hardened 8.7” stainless steel blade is suitable for a variety of food shapes and sizes.
If you want to slice lots of cheese, we suggest a motor with more than 130 watts. Cheese produces lots of blade drag. However, the motor of the FS-250 slicer has the strength to endure it. The Nesco meat slicer is a utilitarian addition to the other provisions and accessories in your kitchen.
It’s perfect for businesses that have many customers, though can be used at home also. This meat slicer is manufactured using robust materials; you can therefore rely on it for a long period of time. Let’s get to look at the features.
- Completely stainless steel food carrier that slides
- Removable 8.7-inch toughened stainless steel blade
- The body is made of cast aluminum
- Has a 180-watt motor
- The thickness capacity is high
- Has a stronger motor when compared to the other designs
- Simple to clean
- Able to change thickness of the slice
- It’s the most hefty device in the list
6. CUSIMAX Electric Meat Slicer with 7.5-Inch
If your friends are amazed by your cooking and usually come to your house unannounced, a meat slicer will be of extreme help. With this versatile slicer, it just takes a few minutes to beautify the plate with various deli trays, opulent sandwiches and healthy salads.
You can also protect yourself from all possible accidents which might take place in the kitchen, along with the handle and the slip resistant surface. This pact and strong electric meat slicer with Pusher has a stainless steel blade that’s not serrated and can cut through meat with a variety of thickness levels from 0.04 to 0.6 inches.
The CUISIMAX electric meat slicer is an asset to your kitchen. It will be useful for many years if it’s well maintained and cleaned often. It also becomes very easy to chop large slices of roast beef and ham together with its big sliding platform. Let’s have a look at some of the noticeable features.
- Firmly built non-slip feet
- Has a stainless steel blade which is sharp
- The thickness can be changed
- Has a power output of 200 watts
- Its versatile
- Simple to clean
- It’s very stable when working with it
- Several of them fail to operate
7. Electric Meat Slicer Deli Food with Child Lock Protection
The meat slicer was developed for professional use. The slicer has been made from premium quality anodized aluminum. Therefore, it’s effectively protected from corrosion, simple to clean and excessively hygienic. It’s easy to operate it as you can change the blades to adjust the food thickness by easily turning the dial from 0-15 mm.
Pull the gliding platform against the food guard and put a tray at the back of the knife before you can use it. The tray isn’t supplied together with the meat slicer. Put your food on the platform and set the pusher to grasp the food into place.
The only thing you have to do is grasp the pusher by your right hand, while putting your thumb at the back of the guide after switching on the device and rotate the dial to your desired thickness. Apply even pressure for the best results. Let’s look at some features that distinguish this meat slicer from the rest.
- The meat slicer has a high quality steel blade that’s chromium-plated with corrosion protection
- Blade doesn’t require sharpening often
- Has an ON/OFF switch 24V which is double illuminated to shun power shock for top protection
- Good for cutting vegetables, meat, ham, cheese perfectly
- The non-slip suction minimizes vibrations when operating
- Used on a variety of foods
- Ensures total safety thanks to the Child Lock Protection
- Its coherent and detachable features make cleaning simple
- Somewhat noisy
- Setting it is somewhat hard
8. Gourmia Professional GFS700 Electric Power Meat and Food Slicer
Owing to its pact model, this design doesn’t take much space on your countertop. Its height is 11 inches, having a width of 14.75 inches and a length of 9 inches.
The body of this meat slicer with detachable stainless steel blade is durable because it’s made of first-class coating steel and cast aluminum. It has a serrated stainless steel blade with a diameter of 7.5 inches. With the 180-watt motor, you can easily cut various foods such as meat, bread, veggies and cheese and many more.
You can alter the thickness of the slices. Using the thickness knob, you can choose the thickness you want from 0- ¾ inches. The food holder is roomy and has a finger guard to offer protection when cutting food. The appliance also has 4 suction feet for more stability. The machine is also very simple to clean because you can remove both the food holder and the blade. Take a look at the features below:
- Has an adjustable thickness handle
- Designed with a roomy sliding food carriage
- Detachable blade and food holder
- Has a stainless steel cutting blade that’s powered by 180 watts output
- The device is ETL approved
- Has an adjustable slice thickness
- It’s stable as it has non-slip feet
- The model is portable
- Can be cleaned easily
- It’s quite noisy
- Doesn’t have a tray for holding the slices
9. Elite Platinum Ultimate Precision EMT-503B Meat and Deli Food Slicer
Are you searching for a meat slicer, but want to keep the kitchen clean and appealing? In this case, this Elite Platinum meat slicer is the ideal choice for you. The attractive model makes the design a great gift for use at home or in restaurants.
It not only looks good, but also simple to clean. It takes a few seconds to clean it. In addition to that, this meat slicer’s blade is ideal for cutting vegetables, cheese, fruits and bread. You can therefore prepare your dishes together in a matter of seconds.
You will be in complete control as you can alter the thickness of the slice easily. This ranges from thin to ½-inch slices. Some of features that make this slicer to be arguably the best in the market are outlined below. Take a look!
- Cuts meat, vegetables, fruits, bread and cheese professionally and easily
- The model is appealing, fresh and professional and can be displayed in the restaurant or on your counter
- It enables you to be in complete control of your slices. You can cut from extremely thin to 1/2inch slices
- Multipurpose when cutting due to the adjustable thickness
- Robust and stable when in use
- Has retractable and rust resistant cutting blade
- Ideal in slicing any food with the help of the detachable cutting blade
- The aluminum exterior enables you to clean it easily from the outside
- Somewhat loud
- Takes time to disassemble for cleaning
10. ALBOHES 150W Professional Slicer Machine with 3 Stainless Steel Blades
Knives dominate the kitchen. If you cut meat, you can use a knife. However, the knife doesn’t make the procedure easy. This meat slicer comes in handy.
The professional electric meat and food slicer from ALBOHES has a big food carriage that you can use to cut meat and other foods. The carriage is detachable for simple maintenance. This Professional meat slicer has 3 distinct blades:
- A serrated blade – The serrated blade is the sharpest blade used to cut hard foods like meat that has frozen and hard ham.
- A wavy blade – This is used to cut fresh meat that’s at room temperature
- A non-serrated blade – It’s used to cut soft foods like cheese, veggies and bread
Let’s go through several features of this device:
- Used to cut or shred veggies, cheese and fruits for tasty salads, desserts, soups, tacos and many more
- It’s supplied with 3 detachable stainless steel cones that are interchangeable for your diverse needs such as thick slicing cone, a cone for fine grating and a coarse grating cone
- Has safe rubber feet for the slicer’s stability
- Easy to clean
- Perfect for a variety of foods
- It’s movable and pact
- Sturdy on all surfaces
- Can function with various thicknesses
- Somewhat costly
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Meat Slicer
If you want to buy the best meat slicer, there are several things to consider. The primary goal of this segment is to assist you in categorizing your priorities and select something that suits you in the long run.
Finding the right model can be an overwhelming task, particularly given the recent innovations and features available in the market. With this manual, however, you have a head-start.We highly suggest that you stick to all what is mentioned above and then select the model for you. Here are the most important things to consider when purchasing the right slicer for you! Without further ado, let’s look at them.
1. Speed and Power
If you’re searching for an optimal and fast delivery, it’s advisable to choose a model with a higher wattage. It will cut meat and other foods faster and this will save time.
In meat slicers, power refers to the duration you can comfortably use the meat slicer without compromising on quality. The feature also helps a lot if you want to use meat slicers to cut things like cheese and bread.
Do you want a slicer that will only serve you for a few months? In meat slicers, there are several options to select from. Among other features, there’s one thing that varies from model to model – the material that makes the slicer.
This is what will determine durability. When selecting the correct model, durability is a priority. Meat slicers usually come in 3 diverse materials: standard steel, plastic and stainless steel. Among the three, stainless steel is the best. It’s not only strong and robust, but also lasts longer than the other two materials.
3. Its Size
The size of the meat slicer is disadvantageous. Different designs come with diverse sizes and shapes. If you’re searching for something that will be hassle-free when storing, selecting something that’s portable is the best way. Similarly, if you’ll be using the slicer occasionally, then consider things like dimensions, weight and the willingness to carry it around.
4. Meat slicer’s motor
The meat slicer’s power output will ascertain how effective it will be. This means that you need to look for a strong food slicer that will easily cut all foods. There are strong meat slicers which have up to 240 watts AC motor. As such, the device will cut large amounts of food. Alternatively, if you need a food slicer for cutting a small amount of food, take into account one with a 150W AC motor.
Before you purchase the best meat slicer, you should compare the options available depending on their price tag. However, remember that cheap isn’t equivalent to premium quality. You will have to spend more at the end of the day if you want to have better quality.
In case you might be asking yourself, “How do I use a meat slicer? How can i clean it? Does it require sharpening?’’ Well here are the answers!
How to use a Meat Slicer
For you to operate a meat slicer properly, you need to know how it’s handled without any accident. The steps below will guide you on how to use it. Keep reading!
- Wear cut-resistant gloves as they will keep your hands protected from the blade
- Examine if the device is in manual mode as it should be for you to manually cut the food first
- Connect the slicer and set the thickness you want by turning the black button that’s intended for thickness adjustment. The adjuster should be on the front of the device
- Place the food on the food carrier and ensure the food is pressed while slicing by use of the weight handle
- Adjust the diagonal plate to hold the food in place
- When the meat slicer is in place and ready to cut, ensure the black lever is manually positioned and the speed button is at low speed
- You can start cutting now. The weight handle should be moved back and forth
- Check the cut product if it’s in the thickness you want
- After getting the thickness you want, the device can be switched to the automatic cutting mode
- To put the slicer in automatic mode, turn the black lever to the right. However, ensure that it’s at low speed
- Now drag the on/off button to begin slicing automatically
How to Clean your Meat Slicer
Regardless of the slicer type you require, when exchanging between diverse foods, it’s important to clean the blade and the cutting table thoroughly, particularly if you’re cutting meat and cheese with one appliance.
Due to the increased number of milk and other allergies related to food, you run the risk of causing serious harm to your customers through cross-contamination if you don’t clean the device when exchanging foods. Here are the crucial steps to take when cleaning the slicer:
- Disconnect the meat slicer from the socket
- Push the food carriage from the blade
- Loosen the blade cover release screw and cautiously lift the blade cover off
- Connect the blade removal device by putting it over the blade and tighten the two screws into the conforming holes in the blade
- Loosen the 3 bolts that secure the blade and let it sit on the slicer. Lift off the blade while using the knob of blade removal device
- Clean the blade by wiping it from the middle to the edge. Put the removal device in place during cleaning. Wipe the front of the blade clean after reattaching
- Dry it completely
- Restore the blade and cover and make sure that the blade mounting screw is tightened
How to Sharpen a Meat Slicer Blade
If the slicer starts producing rough or broken slices, or if the food begins attaching to the blade, it might not be sharp. It will therefore need to be sharpened.
- To sharpen the blade, loosen the release screw of the sharpener and lift the sharpener of the blade off
- Turn the sharpener 180 degrees and put it back in the device
- To secure the sharpener, fasten the release screw sharpener
- Start the device
- Compress and hold the back sharpening button so as to sharpen the blade. Don’t surpass a minute of steady sharpening
- Let go off the back stone and press the front sharpening stone button down for a couple of seconds to smoothen the blade edge
- Switch off the device and put the sharpener back to its initial position and make sure it’s tight
FAQs on Meat Slicers
Are meat slicers able to cut raw meat?
Many slicers can cut any meat type. However, raw meat is very soft and therefore it may be hard for the slicer to cut it. Because of this, you can freeze the meat for a couple of minutes as it will help the raw meat to harden making it easier to cut.
Can the meat slicer cut frozen meat?
Many slicers cannot cut frozen meat as their motors and blades aren’t sufficiently strong. However, heavy-duty slicers in butcheries and delis can
Is there any need of wearing gloves when using a meat slicer?
The cut-resistant gloves are strongly recommended when handling meat slicers. Gloves will protect your hands from unwanted cuts and also minimize any possibility of a persistent odor on your fingers.
Is it safe to use commercial meat slicers?
Meat slicers use fast rotating blades. Therefore, there’s always a risk of injury if not used the right way. However, all designs have safety functions like hand protection, emergency stop switches and non-slip feet. Carry out complete training and regular security checks to minimize accident risks.
Are meat slicers able to slice cheese?
Several commercial Meat slicers can chop cheese. It’s however, good to first look at the product information. Not all types of cheese are fit for slicing. If you want to cut cheese, cheese wires are a great manual alternative.
Can I use a meat slicer to cut bone?
It’s a good idea to first examine the meat because a meat slicer cannot cut bones. For you to cut bones, its’ suggested you check out several most recent bone saws.
These are the perfect meat slicers recommended to all users. They are multipurpose slicers that are perfect for use every day in cutting meat, veggies, bread and more.
Interestingly, these appliances are easy to clean as they have detachable parts and several of them are dishwasher safe. In addition, they are made of premium quality and durable materials. I know by now you’re convinced. Get started by selecting one of this high quality and powerful slicers.